Health Care Assistant
Five Oaks, Barnet
Five Oaks, Barnet
The prestigious Five Oaks, situated in the affluent, leafy suburb of Hadley Wood (Barnet) is looking to hire day and night care assistants to provide residential care for the elderly.
Your role will be to provide individual care as required by each resident in order to meet their personal needs whilst ensuring that each person’s dignity and individuality is upheld and their independence - choice and control is always promoted. You will help create a happy and caring atmosphere, which involves providing a wide range of general caring services and duties within the limits of personal experience and knowledge.
You will work with all types of residents receiving direct care. Your duties and responsibilities will vary depending on the needs of the residents but can include:
- Ensuring the highest possible levels of care are maintained by supporting/assisting residents, when required, with washing, toileting, dressing, undressing, and all other aspects of daily living, according to their individual needs.
- Paying special attention to assisting residents who have limited mobility, or physical difficulties, making the best use of aids & willingness to provide personal care.
- Closely monitoring residents who may be confused and/or suffer with dementia.
- Promote the rights, dignity, privacy, respect, & choice to every resident when providing care.
- Support & encourage residents to maintain their independence with daily living.
- Observe care planning needs for residents and completing daily records as instructed and in line with the Company’s policies and procedures.
- Assisting in framework of social activities by interacting with residents and helping them to continue with hobbies and activities in the hotel.
- Answering call bell system and giving assistance as required ensuring residents retain their comfort & dignity.
- Making visitors/family members feel welcome. Providing refreshments / assistance as per requirements.
- Cleaning and maintaining equipment used by residents e.g. wheelchairs, hearing aids, spectacles etc. Ensuring the hotel is kept clean and tidy.
- Assisting residents who need help during mealtimes (and awareness of any swallowing difficulties, dietary requirements etc.). Assisting with serving of food & drinks as requested & required.
- Escorting residents travelling to and from the hotel e.g. on social outings, hospital visits etc. as requested.
- Support residents on admission to settle in and feel comfortable.
- Physically and medically able to carry out duties and responsibilities with or without assistive aids.
- Team player, self-motivated, proactive, flexible and adaptable.
- Ability to organise and prioritise workload and work under pressure.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing in English.
- Training and/or experience in Advanced Dementia (Desired but not essential).
Benefits of working for Scimitar
- Paid Holidays
- Free Courses, Training & Development
- Free uniform + PPE
- Employee Pension Scheme
- Career Progression
- Flexible working hours
- Annual bonus scheme
- On-site parking
If all of this is of interest to you, then please Apply Now to arrange an interview.
Experience is preferred but not essential.