Hargrave House Residential Care Home
Hargrave House is an original Listed building in three acres dating back to the late 1700s with a purpose built addition and was acquired by Scimitar in the Autumn of 2000. The care home has 58 ensuite bedrooms, situated 10 minutes from junction 8 off the M11 and was refurbished and opened by Scimitar in January 2001.
It is situated in the charming picturesque village of Stansted Mountfitchet in Essex which dates back to Saxon times. Although the building is large and imposing, it has been structured into two wings, The Hargrave Wing housed by the original building and the Alice Grace wing added later in the 1990's yet still sympathetic and in keeping with the magnificent original. The Alice Grace wing has been designed specifically to cater for those requiring dementia care.
It is not easy to describe the wealth of features contained in Hargrave House, so the only way to appreciate the building is by a visit. Suffice it to say that the high ceilings and wood paneling to the halls and stairs were attractive enough to be featured in the 'Lovejoy' antiques television series a few years ago.
Within the main building is the old hall lounge, with a licensed bar, leading to three separate lounges, the dining rooms and a splendid conservatory. There is ease of access throughout the building which is served by two modern passenger lifts and the Manager's office is situated on the ground floor immediately by the entrance hall, centrally sited between the two wings.
- The hotel caters for a maximum of 58 residents
- Residence on long or short term (respite) basis
- Respite bookings taken up to a year in advance
- Double/shared rooms available upon request
- Communal areas including television lounge
- Visitors welcomed and encouraged at all times
- Fully licensed bar
- All rooms have en-suite facilities
- Room service and daily papers
- Private telephone and television in every room
- Personal laundry service
- All meals freshly prepared on the premises
- Special dietary needs fully catered for
- Spacious dining rooms
- 24 hour staff cover and emergency call facilities
- All personal care needs attended for
- Frequent GP site visits arranged
- Hairdresser, Chiropodist, Dentist and Optician
- Daily activities arranged, trips away catered
- Specialist dementia care wing with dedicated facilities
- Passenger lifts