Waterbeach Lodge Residential Care Home
Waterbeach Lodge is the latest addition to the Scimitar Care Hotels group. It is a stunning, purpose-built Care Hotel situated on the A10 Ely Road, less than 6 miles from Cambridge City Centre. Waterbeach Lodge enjoys views over the countryside and is set in six acres of beautifully landscaped gardens.
The original site was established in 1818 and became a Convent for Nuns of the Carmelite Order in the early 1900's, remaining that way until the late 1970s'. Since then the property has had various uses but many of the original buildings were left derelict before Scimitar's acquisition in 2009, resulting in the demolition and rebuilding of the main structure, being the new Waterbeach Lodge as is now seen today.
No expense has been spared on the magnificent interior, affording to all who visit an air of a top-star Hotel throughout. The ground floor lounge has been designed to offer an area in which Residents can meet and converse, partake in daily activities or simply enjoy the views of the wildlife that frequent the extensive grounds in which the Care Hotel stands.
All bedroom suites are capacious; fusing contemporary comfort with timeless glamour and heritage associated with Scimitar's unique style. All rooms are complemented with direct-dial telephone and television facilities, alongside state-of-the-art adjustable orthopaedic beds and an emergency call system. Each room embodies full en-suite facilities and, due to the large floor plan of each suite, there are no restrictions when using wheelchairs or hoists.
- The hotel caters for a maximum of 46 residents
- Residence on long or short term (respite) basis
- Respite bookings taken up to a year in advance
- Double/shared rooms available upon request
- Communal areas including television lounge
- Visitors welcomed and encouraged at all times
- Fully licensed bar
- All rooms have en-suite facilities
- Room service and daily papers
- Private telephone and television in every room
- Personal laundry service
- All meals freshly prepared on the premises
- Special dietary needs fully catered for
- Spacious dining room
- 24 hour staff cover and emergency call facilities
- All personal care needs attended for
- Frequent GP site visits arranged
- Hairdresser, Chiropodist, Dentist and Optician
- Daily activities arranged, trips away catered
- Specialist dementia wing with dedicated facilities
- Passenger lifts